About Us...

In the early 1800's an early settler and merchant, Enoch Wood, built what was the "stock farm" and in 1884 this stock farm contained 616 acres and was bought out by Thomas Morse from Chicago and the farm became known as the Morse Stock Farm.

In 1905 the property was sold to Louis Keefer and the name changed to Keefer Stock Farm. Large herds of cattle were fed and fattened on this farm. Mr Keefer was a stock broker and exported at the Union Stock Yards in Chicago. During the depression, Mr Keefer's heirs lost the farm to an insurance company for taxes.

 Clyde C. Davis moved on the farm on March 1, 1939; the farm was then occupied by Fredrick Davis. It contained 550 acres. Part of this farm (3.2 acres beside Daysville Cemetary) was sold to Leo and Aletha Goley in December 1952 on which a home was built.

In 1986 Betty Rulik bought out the farm and renamed it God's Acres. At this time 116 acres were left of the Davis farm. In 1987, she started to convert the old milking barn on the property into an antique shop for all of her antiques. She put in two bathrooms with showers, a kitchen and two floors worth of space for antiques and a place to hold parties and gatherings. She built a deck out from the top floor or what some may know as the hayloft. In 1994 she built a back patio, so she could look out into the field of open space. On December 3, 2002 Betty passed away, leaving everything to her sister. All of her stuff was then sold at an estate sale.

In 2003, Jake Broderick and his brother, bought out the property for hunting ground; still a total of 116 acres. The two houses on the property sat empty for nearly 8 years. With a few renters here and there, the houses needless to say, weren’t in very good shape. The barn was still used for fish fry’s and a few parties. In 2009, the 116 acres they used for hunting ground was put back up for sale. 

In March of 2012, Jodi and Brian Horner bought 16 acres of the farm with high hopes of turning the barn back around and to use it as a local business for wedding receptions, weddings, parties, and banquets. With the help of family and friends, it only took a few short months to get the place updated and back up to code for the health department. On July 21, 2012 the ribbon cutting was done and the barn was open for business. 

Today, accommodating parties up to 180 max. people, the barn has become a site to see. If you’re looking for a barn or country themed place to have your wedding and reception and/or party, this is the place to be! 

Call for pricing and more details! 



                                                                                                     Jodi